Welcome to the wild, discontinuous, and virtually unwatched ramblings of a mother of five.

What do you want to be when you grow up??

So #1 and I posed this question to the clowns last night at dinner... I am so perplexed by the workings of the minds of little ones. So here are the answers that we were given.

Freckles wants to be an Artist. This seems like a great thing, she is always doodling, drawing or coloring on something, and yes, even on things that she shouldn't be. I have paid many bills with doodles on the remittance portion and almost wish that I had stock in Mr Clean Magic Erasers. The discussion then moved on to the gallery opening and the food that will be served. In case you are curious... little smokies on fancy toothpicks and mini egg rolls. Oh to be 6 again.

Jane... well she wants to be a hair cutter. Those are her words. I asked if she wanted to be a stylist... and was informed ever so curtly that it was a hair cutter not a stylist. I gave up there, Jane is very obstinate and there is no changing her mind once it is set. #1 asked if she would be giving free do's to the family. She then told us very matter-a-factly that she would charge us like everyone else and that fair is fair (man my words are coming back to bite me in the butt already and she is only 4). So I guess all is fair right?!? We again discussed the grand opening and the food involved. Again... little smokies and mini egg rolls (I see myself gaining a tremendous amount of weight with all these events that I have to go to).

Buzzy, this one blew me away, he wants to be a dancer... that is right a dancer. Not a crane operator, dump truck driver, dinosaur digger... a dancer. All I could do is laugh, can you tell he has two older sisters?? He has always had a strong affinity towards the tu-tu. I have a number of blackmail photos to share with his first (and every one that follows) girlfriend and to post at his high school graduation party.

Blinker, this is what I have decided to call her, since Frumpy seems so... just that... Frumpy, and that is just so not her. My smiley little lady.... I am hoping will become a tooth paste commercial actress... LOL. Her smile is just infectious. I can be having the worst of days, and that little bitty toothless smile just makes it all better.

Now if I could just decide what I want to be when I grow up. I think for now I will stick with ringmaster. :D

2 comments:

Nadia would like to be a pony when she grows up..

So glad you made that last name change ;) Your kiddos are too cute! love it!

Post a Comment